Estimated Reading Time: 1
Bauchi Governor, Bala Mohammed is now in self-isolation over fears of contracting coronavirus after his contact with the son of Atiku Abubakar, the state’s Chief of Staff, Ladan Salihu said.
Atiku had made a public disclosure via Twitter early hours of Monday about his son testing positive to the pandemic.
Reactions, mostly sympathies, have trailed the announcement since although the Nigeria Centre for Disease Control, NCDC, is yet to acknowledge the development.
Through his Twitter handle this afternoon, Dr. Salihu explained that Governor Mohammed, alongside his entourage, met with the Vice President’s son while on flight from Lagos to Abuja.
He added that they all have also taken test and are expecting the result as at the time of this report.
The tweet reads:
“Our Governor Bala Mohammed in self isolation following contact with Atiku Abubakar’s Son. Yes. We were on the same flight from Lagos to Abuja. They shook hands and exchanged pleasantries. The Gov and the rest of us have taken tests. The results will be negative in sha Allah.”
So far, NCDC has confirmed 36 cases of Coronavirus from Abuja, Lagos, Ogun, Ekiti, and Oyo states and one death.
- Fredrick Nwabufo: Messing with mercenaries on Boko Haram again
- Bye-election: EFCC arrests a top Bauchi State government official for alleged vote buying
- Just In: Nigerian Army Chief, Buratai Asks Generals to Launch Spiritual Warfare Against Insecurity
- Bayelsa By-Elections: 3 policemen drown in boat mishap
- Breaking: Chief Harry Ayoade Akande, is dead
- Nigerian Soldier assaults, strips lady naked in Ogun over ‘indecent dressing’
- US removes visa reciprocity fees for Nigerian applicants
- Pensioners reject Government’s plan to borrow from pension fund
- ‘Avoid politicians approaching you to destabilize the government’ – Buratai warns Generals
- Lagos Senatorial by-elections hold today