Estimated Reading Time: <1
Following the appointment of Ja’afaru Ahmed as the Controller-General of the Nigerian Prisons Service, the Civil Defence, Fire, Immigration and Prisons Services Board ( CDFIPB), in an emergency meeting held on the 27th of June, 2016 has approved the retirement of a Deputy Controller-General and an Assistant Controller-General of Prisons from the service. They are Aminu Suley, mni and Ali Bala Salami, mni respectively.
The letter signed by the Secretary of the Board, Alh. A. A. Ibrahim dated 28th June, 2016 indicated that the decision was taken due to the officers’ seniority in service to the new Controller-General of Prisons and in consonance with military and paramilitary convention.
While wishing them good luck in their future endeavours, the (CDFIPB) commended the officers for their contributions to the development of the Nigerian Prisons Service.
DCP Francis Enobore
for : Controller-General of Prisons
11th July, 2016
- House of Reps endorse Dr Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala, for World Trade Organisation DG
- Nigerian Army has approved new postings and appointments of 37 generals and five colonels
- FG Kicks off 774,000 Jobs programme suspended by the national assembly
- Senate passes bill prescribing life imprisonment for kidnappers – Removes gender restrictions, says men or women can be raped
- Governor Okowa, wife, daughter test negative for COVID-19
- Breaking: Bayelsa Governor Douye Diri wins at Supreme Court against Timi Alaibe
- Nigerian Government scrambles for oxygen as COVID-19 deaths rise
- Supreme Court affirms virtual court hearing
- Lagos asks striking doctors to resume work
- Nigeria’s Dapo Olorunyomi, honoured with the International Press Freedom award