Estimated Reading Time: <1
President Muhammadu Buhari on Thursday sent the names of 47 ambassadorial nominees to the Senate to be screened and confirmed as career diplomats to head Nigeria’s missions abroad.
The Senate President, Dr. Bukola Saraki, who read the letter containing their names on the floor at plenary, said the President sought the consent of the upper legislative chamber? for the confirmation of the nominees.
Some of the names of the proposed career diplomats: Obinna Chukwuemeka, Okeke Vivian, Ngozi Okeje, Bello Kazaure, Garba Baba, Umar Salisu, Kadiri Ayinla Audu, Ibrahim Isa, Bankole Adeoye, Ibrahim Hamza, KC Nwachukwu, Olufemi Abekoye, Adekunbi Abibat, Salisu Umoru, Liman Munir, Mohammed Hassan Hassan, Olatunde Adesesan, Usman Bakure, Balogun Akeem and Kabiru Bala.
The Senate President pointed out to his colleagues that the Curricula Vitae, CV, of the nominees were attached with the document sent by Buhari.
- Doctors in Cross River on strike over undeclared COVID-19 cases
- ‘We had no plan to bar Oyo deputy governor from fidau prayer’ – Ajimobi’s family
- “APC Is Irresponsible, Reckless” – PDP kicks against ruling party linking members to fraudstar Hushpuppi
- Just In: Benue State University DVC dies of Covid-19
- Just In: Boat mishap in Benue River, Scores killed
- Former GM of LASIMRA, Jide Odekunle is dead
- NLC suspends week long strike in Cross River
- NNPC appoints, redeploys top management Staff
- 632 candidates fail Law School bar final exams
- President Buhari is an ‘accidental president’ ‘ – Fasyose