Estimated Reading Time: <1
A Magistrate Court in Abuja has discharged the Director of Radio Biafra, Nnamdi Kanu, following the withdrawal of the charges proffered against him by the Department of State Services on Wednesday.
Counsel to the accused, Vincent Obeffa, said that with the court’s ruling, the accused has no criminal cases against him in Nigeria or anywhere in the world and as such, he is a free man.
He said all processes to secure his release are currently being cleared.
Mr Kanu was standing trial on a three count charge of criminal conspiracy, intimidation and belonging to an unlawful society, allegations the prosecutor had withdrawn.
Meanwhile, ruling on the prosecutor’s application for the matter to be taken up at the Federal High Court, will be delivered on Thursday.
- Multinational Joint Task Force says Boko Haram is now recruiting child soldiers
- Court adjourns trial of Former AGF Mohammed Adoke, Abubakar
- Multiple port charges escalate cargo delay at terminals – NAGAFF
- How my pastor trafficked me to Russia for prostitution; A hair stylist’s harrowing experience highlights Nigeria’s human trafficking problem
- Breaking: NBC fines Nigeria Info FM N5m over Obadiah Mailaifa interview
- Magu’s lawyer writes probe panel, alleges ‘secrecy’ and violation of rights
- We raised hate speech fine to N5 million because when it was N500,000 people were reckless – Lai Mohammed
- Ooni Of Ife wants #BBNaija reality show replaced
- Police arraign two brothers over Flying Officer Tolu Arotile’s death
- Squeeze out old politicians who want to remain in power perpetually Obasanjo tells Youths