Estimated Reading Time: <1
A Magistrate Court in Abuja has discharged the Director of Radio Biafra, Nnamdi Kanu, following the withdrawal of the charges proffered against him by the Department of State Services on Wednesday.
Counsel to the accused, Vincent Obeffa, said that with the court’s ruling, the accused has no criminal cases against him in Nigeria or anywhere in the world and as such, he is a free man.
He said all processes to secure his release are currently being cleared.
Mr Kanu was standing trial on a three count charge of criminal conspiracy, intimidation and belonging to an unlawful society, allegations the prosecutor had withdrawn.
Meanwhile, ruling on the prosecutor’s application for the matter to be taken up at the Federal High Court, will be delivered on Thursday.
- Kaduna Government closes sports betting shops across the state
- Edo Decides: Early signs of a transition from party-based elections?
- Imo State governor, Hope Uzodinma, has rejected Edo election results – vows APC will win in court #EdoDecides2020
- “There is no more APC” – Senator Rochas Okorocha speaks after defeat of the party in Edo #EdoDecides2020
- “We would have loved to win,” – Governor El-Rufai says APC defeat in Edo was a surprise
- Hamzat Lawal: Okonjo-Iweala represents what the WTO needs at this moment
- Nigeria’s monthly oil revenue crashes by 75% – NNPC Report
- PHOTOS: NFF unveils new kit for Super Eagles and Falcons
- Health Workers call off 7 day strike
- “No one should say shit about Ganduje” – Fatima, Kano Governors daughter defends her father #EdoDecides2020