Estimated Reading Time: <1
A Magistrate Court in Abuja has discharged the Director of Radio Biafra, Nnamdi Kanu, following the withdrawal of the charges proffered against him by the Department of State Services on Wednesday.
Counsel to the accused, Vincent Obeffa, said that with the court’s ruling, the accused has no criminal cases against him in Nigeria or anywhere in the world and as such, he is a free man.
He said all processes to secure his release are currently being cleared.
Mr Kanu was standing trial on a three count charge of criminal conspiracy, intimidation and belonging to an unlawful society, allegations the prosecutor had withdrawn.
Meanwhile, ruling on the prosecutor’s application for the matter to be taken up at the Federal High Court, will be delivered on Thursday.
- Whistleblowing should include issues of Public Safety – Vice President Osinbajo tells FG
- NERC suspends electricity tariff increase for 14 days
- Trump, Biden exchange words in chaotic first presidential debate
- House of representatives has withdrawn the water resources bill – here’s why
- Nigerian Senators reject Buhari’s nominee as PENCOM DG
- Nigeria’s 2020 budget has suffered a loss of over $14 billion – Senate President
- P&ID: UK Court orders release of $200 million deposit to Nigeria
- Nigeria@60: Federal Government declares October 1 Public holiday
- Buhari asks NASS for N147 billion refund for Ondo, four other states
- Convoy attack: Borno NASS members visit Zulum in Maiduguri