Estimated Reading Time: <1
A Professor of International Law and Jurisprudence, Professor Akin Oyebode on Wednesday gave his opinion about the choices of Ministers and portfolios given to them by President Muhammadu Buhari.
Speaking on Channels Television News At 10 Wednesday, Prof. Oyebode said on the choice of the Minister of Education and the Minister of State for Education, he said it was a tragedy, insisting that a professor, who had ran, a university should not be a sidekick to an accountant turned communist.
“It can only happen in a country like this,” he said, further insisting that Tony Anwuka deserved more than being a Minister of State for Education.
President Buhari had named Mr Adamu Adamu the Minister of Education and Mr Anwuka the Minister of States for Education.
But Professor Oyebode was of the opinion that Mr Adamu had no experience in the education sector.
“The core competency is missing from Adamu Adamu and that is why I call it a case of the tail wagging the dog.”
On the choice of the Minister of Finance, Professor Oyebode was pessimistic that Kemi Adeosun, who was made the Minister of Finance, could handle the Nigerian economy.
He insisted that experts in the field could have been a better choice and envisaged a review of the cabinet, which he said was not far-fetched.
He says the list of Ministers looks like a ‘mix bag’.
“You have some very brilliant and interesting people, with tremendous antecedents and some a little bit less so. I have a feeling that we have a bitter-sweet experience with the ministers that have just been appointed, especially in relation to the portfolios assigned,” Professor Oyebode said.
- Nigerian Labour Congress rejects new fuel price
- Buhari gives marching orders for revenue drive
- Just In: Ondo Commissioner for Health, Dr Wahab Adegbenro dies
- High Court dismisses suit against Adams Oshiomhole
- Just In: Dubai police extradites ‘Hushpuppi’ & ‘Woodberry’ to the United States
- Persons with malaria and cold advised not to bother going to the airport – here’s why
- Nigeria’s continuous battle with married women and ‘state of origin’
- Just In: APC lists, Oyegun, Akpabio, Oshiomhole, Ganduje, Others, members of Edo Guber campaign council – read complete names
- OPay to shut all Nigerian operations excluding payments
- Nigerian table tennis champions qualify for 2021 Olympics