Estimated Reading Time: <1
Super Eagles coach, Sunday Oliseh, has said he has been disappointed with “lies” by goalkeeper Vincent Enyeama over their major falling out in Belgium.
On Tuesday, Oliseh and Enyeama clashed at a team meeting during which CSKA Moscow forward, Ahmed Musa, was announced as new captain of the Eagles ahead of the Lille goalkeeper, who had been leading the team since Joseph Yobo retired from international football last year.
Oliseh said on a radio interview Friday morning said the lies were aimed at assassinating his character.
The coach himself a former Eagles captain maintained he did not get the security to walk out the Lille goalkeeper and neither did he insult the player’s late mother.
“There is a level to how far you can go in character assassination by Enyeama. This is unheard of,” africanFootball.com quoted Oliseh as saying during the interview.
He equally narrated how he drove to France to discuss his coaching philosophy and ideas with Enyeama after he was appointed Super Eagles coach in July.
“I took him to lunch and shared my coaching philosophy with him.
“He was talking about retirement from the national team), which I didn’t like,” Oliseh added.
The coach also recalled that this is not the first time Enyeama has fell out with a national team coach.
“In 2008, he was dropped to second or third goalkeeper because of this and under Sammy (Siasia), he also had problems,” Oliseh said.
- Landlords should see how they can work out yearly rent to monthly payments – Sanwo-Olu
- NLC, TUC have been compromised to frustrate oil and gas reforms says National Youth Council
- Schools in Adamawa to reopen October 12
- Breaking: Explosion hits Lagos and Ogun border communities
- Ondo Election: INEC chairman meets with journalists, stakeholders in Akure
- Fredrick Nwabufo: IPOB/Oduduwa agitators’ alliance: Igbo, Yoruba were meant to be together
- Delta State AG and 136 other lawyers, shortlisted for rank of SAN
- Ibrahim Magu wants anyone who has ever offered him a bribe to “come out publicly”
- Nigeria’s presidential jet- one out of the fleet is up for sale
- Obaseki and PDP leaks false information to the media says Ize-Iyamu