Estimated Reading Time: <1
DR Congo humiliated the Super Eagles of Nigeria in an international friendly on Thursday, beating the Sunday Oliseh-coached team 2-0.
The Leopards, who are ranked 60th in the world took the lead courtesy of Dieumerci Mbokani in the seventh minute. His goal came from inside the box where he shot low to the left of Carl Ikeme.
Jordan Nkololo added the second in the 31st minute of the game.
Both teams last played each other in March 2010, with Nigeria winning 5-2 at the Abuja National Stadium. Goalie, Vincent Enyeama bowed out after a clash at the Belgian camp with Coach Sunday Oliseh.
- Kwara Governor loses chief of staff to COVID-19
- Senate ammends Police Act, okays four-year single tenure for IGP
- Schools in Kenya to remain shut until 2021
- “The continued lockdown order on the places of worship is no longer acceptable and reasonably justified” – CAN Leadership tackles Lagos Govt
- EFCC witness, Sani Dauda, denies offering Shehu Sani $25,000 as bribe
- Nigerian Civil Aviation Authority suspends airline, grounds 15 aircraft
- Senate passes anti-sexual harassment bill
- Ibrahim Magu has been suspended as the acting EFCC boss
- Reps to investigate alleged withdrawal of $1.5 billion from NLNG account
- Katsina spent N30 Million on amnesty for repentant bandits