Estimated Reading Time: <1
DR Congo humiliated the Super Eagles of Nigeria in an international friendly on Thursday, beating the Sunday Oliseh-coached team 2-0.
The Leopards, who are ranked 60th in the world took the lead courtesy of Dieumerci Mbokani in the seventh minute. His goal came from inside the box where he shot low to the left of Carl Ikeme.
Jordan Nkololo added the second in the 31st minute of the game.
Both teams last played each other in March 2010, with Nigeria winning 5-2 at the Abuja National Stadium. Goalie, Vincent Enyeama bowed out after a clash at the Belgian camp with Coach Sunday Oliseh.
- Over 15 million Nigerians abuse drugs – NDLEA new boss promises to end drug abuse
- Abuja resident hospitalised after IGP’s orderly fires AK-47 rifle in beer parlour
- Buba Marwa resumes office as NDLEA Chairman
- Invest in dispelling COVID-19 misinformation – Cross River Primary Healthcare DG urges FG
- Oyo PDP alleges APC is behind production of fake Amotekun uniforms
- Anambra first lady, Ebelechukwu Obiano gets moderna COVID-19 vaccine in America
- 2023: Nigerians should reward Tinubu with Presidency – House of Rep member
- Declare Dogara’s seat vacant; PDP asks court
- Buhari appoints DG for National Directorate of Employment
- Federal Government says COVID-19 tests are not required for returning students