Estimated Reading Time: <1
DR Congo humiliated the Super Eagles of Nigeria in an international friendly on Thursday, beating the Sunday Oliseh-coached team 2-0.
The Leopards, who are ranked 60th in the world took the lead courtesy of Dieumerci Mbokani in the seventh minute. His goal came from inside the box where he shot low to the left of Carl Ikeme.
Jordan Nkololo added the second in the 31st minute of the game.
Both teams last played each other in March 2010, with Nigeria winning 5-2 at the Abuja National Stadium. Goalie, Vincent Enyeama bowed out after a clash at the Belgian camp with Coach Sunday Oliseh.
- NIPOST, FIRS in inter-agency tweetfight over Stamp Duties
- We did not spend N13 billion on school feeding programme – Sadiya Umar Farouq
- State commissioner allegedly assaulted in Cross River over sharing of palliatives
- Alleged N41 Billion Fraud: Tony Elumelu denies allegations, demands apology
- Ondo government spends over N13 billion on workers allowances
- Ogun state government makes COVID-19 test free for returning students
- Planned protest by the Trade Union Congress, ill-advised – Presidency
- “COVID-19 pandemic responsible for sack of pilots” – Air Peace Management confirms NewsWireNGR Exclusive story
- “We are appalled by the worsening security situation” – Nigerian Governors break silence in a letter to President Buhari
- Opinion: The price of under-policing in Nigeria