Estimated Reading Time: <1
The Nigeria Football Federation (NFF), has insisted they will not talk to Vincent Enyeama, about returning to the Super Eagles.
Enyeama announced on his Instagram page on Thursday, that he was quitting international football after 13 years and 101 caps.
The Lille goalkeeper had a bust-up with coach Sunday Oliseh, on arrival at the team’s camp in Belgium on Tuesday and had to be bundled out of the hotel.
Despite the best efforts of NFF president, Amaju Pinnick, to resolve the situation, Enyeama has decided to retire.
“We heard about his quitting the national team on his Instagram page. If somebody says he is retiring from the national team, what are we going to do, to beg him?” Spokesman for the NFF Ademola Olajire, was quoted by the News Agency of Nigeria as saying on Thursday.
“We don’t know if he is leaving the national team because of his quarrel with the coach (Sunday Oliseh). He just wrote on his Intagram page that he was leaving the national team. So, why should we be finding out whether he left because of the rift?
“The player has gone out of the camp, what do you want us to do. He has left the camp and he did not tell anybody that he was leaving.”
- INTERVIEW: I am excited people looked beyond the lip gloss to enjoy my content – Enioluwa Adeoluwa, 21-year-old Nigeria’s front-line Influencer
- Nigerian tribes want Yahaya Bello to contest 2023 presidential election
- Just In: Resident doctors suspend strike
- Hoodlums disrupt PDP North-West zonal congress
- Senate President Ahmed Lawan says Nigeria can never become a failed state
- Federal Government signs new MoU with striking doctors
- Veteran Nollywood Actor, Bruno Iwuoha Dies At 68
- Just In: Terrorists kill 8 miners in Plateau
- Denied By The System: Nigerian students lose scholarships as Universities delay transcripts
- Lagos City Marathon: Kenyan Emmanuel Naibei and Ethiopian Meseret Dinke emerge champions