Estimated Reading Time: <1
The National and state Assembly Elections Petition Tribunal sitting in Abeokuta, the Ogun state capital has cancelled the election of a Buruji Kasahamu, a Nigerian senator wanted by the US for drug-related offenses.
Justice Ebiowei Tobi led tribunal has ordered re-run in 110 polling units.
The tribunal cancelled units in 8 out nine local government areas to invalidate the election of the People’s Democratic Party senator. A re-run of the election will take place in 90 days.
The election result of Senator Kashamu, representing the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) in Ogun East Senatorial District at the red chamber, is being challenged by the candidate of the All Progressives Congress (APC), Dapo Abiodun in the last election.
- INEC To Create E-Platforms For Submission Of Nomination Forms In Edo & Ondo Elections
- Nigerian Govt issues circular warning senior officials against leaking documents
- US Government probes Nigeria’s Akinwunmi Adesina at Africa Development Bank
- NDDC: Who Is Afraid Of The President’s Order For A Forensic Audit?
- 35 suspected cultists involved in recent killings in Calabar declared wanted
- Nnamdi Azikiwe University Teaching Hospital Records First Case Of COVID-19
- To mark Eid-El Fitr, Governor Ganduje of Kano frees 294 inmates
- Barely 3 days after it was streamed on Netflix, Living in Bondage tops all Nollywood movies on the streaming service
- In Enugu, Catholic Bishop chased out worshippers without face masks out of church
- We have no money to import food — Buhari begs farmers to increase cultivation