Estimated Reading Time: <1
by Deji Abiodun
A former Senior Special Adviser on Millennium Development Goals to Bukola Saraki, ex-governor of Kwara State, and incumbent Commissioner for Information in the Abdulfathah Ahmed administration, Prince Olatunji Oyeyemi Moronfoye, will on March 19, 2015 be arraigned by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC before a Federal High Court, Ilorin Kwara State, for offences bordering on abuse of office, awarding contracts to his cronies, embezzlement, diversion of public funds, and money laundering.
Also to be docked by the anti-graft agency is Ope Saraki, cousin and Senior Special Adviser on Millennium Development Goals to Governor Ahmed, in a statement issued by the commission to NewsWireNGR.
Moronfoye is alleged to have used his position as the Senior Special Adviser to the former governor to enrich himself.
Specifically, he allegedly awarded contracts to the tune of over N200million for the renovation of Ijagbo Primary Health Centre and the supply of medical equipments to Health Centres and Specialist Hospitals within the state, to a company in which he has interest. and was sole signatory to the account.
Saraki is also alleged to have abused his office and laundered state funds for his personal benefit by awarding inflated contracts to companies owned by his cronies. I
n one of the transactions involving the purchase of Ambulance buses for hospitals in the state, Saraki duped the people of Kwara State by procuring thirteen Hiace buses from a local car dealer and converting them to ambulance in place of factory built ambulance for which a contract of N171, 990,000.00 was awarded to Chemiroy Nigeria Limited.
- I “cannot continue to be a member of a Political party that endangers” – Former APC Chairman resigns
- Adams Oshiomhole refers to Governor Obaseki as his “brother and friend” after the two met in Auchi
- In Lagos, Police vows to go after hoodlums and criminals in Lekki and Ajah areas
- Why Government must realize that digital currency is the future
- Breaking: APC pulls out of ongoing local government polls in Delta
- CBN Introduce incentives to diaspora remittances: Beneficiaries to get N5 for every USD received
- Breaking: In Kaduna, Gunmen storm Federal Airport Authority quarters, abduct staff, family members
- Buhari and Osinbajo get Vaccinated against COVID-19, when will poor Nigerians get theirs?
- “I won’t take any vaccine” – Governor Yahaya Bello has said Kogi state people are not “guinea pigs”
- I tested positive for COVID-19 – Obasanjo