Estimated Reading Time: <1
Kano State Police has confirmed that it repelled an attack by suspected terrorist group, Boko Haram, in late hours of Saturday at Kibiya local government area of the state.
In the late hours of Saturday, 14th February, NewsWireNgr reported of an ongoing Boko Haram attack in the ancient city of Kano (here)
Spokesman of the police, ASP Magaji Majiya, confirmed to reporters on Saturday night that the incident happened in the late hours of Saturday.
Majia said the gunmen who were six in number, stormed the police station on two motorcycles but the police were able to repel the attack.
According to him, the gunmen also abandoned one of their motorcycles and fled the area.
The police spokesman said security had since been beefed up in the area in order to arrest the fleeing hoodlums.
“No policeman was killed or injured but one of the gunmen was lynched by the community,” Majiya said.
It was also learnt that there was an exchange of fire between the police and the attackers before they fled the area.
- SSANU suspends 3 weeks strike
- Twitter announces feature that lets you charge for tweets
- Victor Ejechi: Agricultural Production and the Development of the Nigerian Economy
- Insecurity: Buhari refuses amnesty for terrorist herders
- Kagara Abductions: ‘We are left to ourselves’ Niger Governor laments lack of support from FG
- If we don’t borrow, we will be left behind as a country – Finance Minister
- Kaduna Government says MDAs will only serve individuals with the State Residents Card, NIN
- Cattle and Foodstuff dealers begin nationwide strike
- Smart Adeyemi must apologize to Ikpeazu for calling him a ‘champagne drinking Governor’ – Theodore Orji
- ‘He who alleges must prove’ Bala Mohammed challenges Ortom