Estimated Reading Time: <1
Last night we did everything not right
We didn’t feel those things were wrong though
We rolled to the left and back to the right all night long
He jumped all over as his bell rung at each jump
I got those soft bites as he pumped harder. He must be a vulcanizer
Those kinds of bite that make you feel alright.
He thanked me for keeping the arena tight
Our connection was so right, we needed no antenna
As he crept up once more, a bitter thought leapt up in my mind
Last night I wondered if this was the reason I was here
We have been through this for years and seasons but my thirst seems insatiable
Now, I need something new and something fresh. Actually, I want something rare!
As I lay bare, the fear walked up to me again; ‘these things cause wear and tear’.
If he licks up the whole pear, what would be left for my probable ‘fun-pals’ and future pearl?
We went gaga once more as we rocked and rolled and made sounds like reggae from the deck
I felt weak and I wondered if he was gonna wreck my boat before daybreak
His moves last night were so militant; seems he is from the creeks
As he rolled over, the bed creaked again
Last night was a Saturday but today doesn’t feel like a Sunday
I don’t feel holy; only because of last night’s ordeals?
Last night felt so real but now it feels so surreal
My body aches and I need a meal. I need it fast
Yesterday is in the past and I don’t need a fast to prove that I am sober
I may have done things which are not proper and I don’t need such to prosper
Well, I can tell you last night’s tale was the last episode and it could have sold a million copies
Now, I am making new policies and drawing out new principles to avoid a ripple effect
This is hard but I am walking up to tell him these words and I know it would affect him adversely
But…, ‘Hey boo, Last night was our last night’
- Propsed bill to require operators of lottery, pools, betting companies to pay N20 million license fee in Lagos
- Federal Government to deduct illegal mining fees from states’ allocations
- NiMET management appeal staff to shelve planned strike
- Victor Ejechi: Nigeria added 7,999 PhD holders to the unemployment market in 21 months
- Traders told me the story about northern governor leading Boko Haram says Mailafia
- Rights group writes US, Buhari, Ganduje, condemns religious policing in Nigeria
- NJC releases list of nominees for Supreme Court appointments
- Resume or be sacked, Ebonyi government threatens striking workers
- DSS to clamp down on notable personalities and groups who incite a breakdown of law and order
- Ogun State Government suspends lockdown