Estimated Reading Time: <1
Oluwaseyanu Bashorun is a 25-year old Student of the Federal University of Technology Akure (FUTA).
The once very lively and energetic young man was diagnosed with Acute Lymphobastic Leukaemia(Cancer of the Blood) since February this year.
Seyanu has been undergoing some form of palliative treatments at Obafemi Awolowo University Teaching Hospital (OAUTH) which has only helped in managing the condition so far but at the moment, he is in a critical state undergoing chemotherapy.
“He needs a total of ?#?11million? for Bone Marrow Transfer & recovery in India.
Thanks to well meaning Nigerians we raised #2,500,000 (as at Nov 27, 2014), but we are hopeful that our target of #11m will be achieved soonest. Also with the support of the Juicy Jane Foundation sponsored by Jane Mark Lawrence a Cool FM Abuja OAP, we now have a text short code for the #SaveSeyanu Project. All you need to do is send a text message with the word “CLINIC” and send to 32285. The short code costs #30. Please send as many times as you can.
Recently the doctors had to perform a surgery on him (as his veins are weak and have collapsed through countless piercings done to transfuse him) to create a path for blood transfusion and administering of intravenous fluids which he is constantly in need of to keep him alive before the Bone Marrow Transplant is carried out. In the process, a lot of air entered his lungs and it was another battle to correct that.
- COVID-19 lockdown: Over 24,000 children have not returned to school – Sanwo-Olu
- Tambuwal appoints committee to investigate Sokoto central market fire
- Anambra Governorship election to hold November 6 – INEC
- Vice-President Yemi Osinbajo flags off N5,000 cash transfer to low-income earners in urban areas
- Arewa Youth Leader says Northern Nigeria is the most backward region despite having the president
- Borno Governor asks Federal Character Commission for more employment slots
- Buhari appoints Nigeria’s first female ambassador to the United States
- Motorcycle riders are working as spies for kidnappers – Amotekun says
- Where will herdsmen graze if they leave the forest reserves? – Miiyetti Allah queries Akeredolu’s vacation order
- Kukah gets international recognition with appointment by Pope Francis