Estimated Reading Time: <1
The outgoing Governor of Anambra state, South East, Nigeria, Mr. Peter Obi has announced that Anambra state can boast of N75 billion in the treasury even as his tenure comes to an end .
This is as a result of prudent fiscal management and governance, the Governor said while speaking at the presentation of his report card to the people of Anambra State. The event took place at the Women Development Centre, Awka.
Some of the notable guests present include: Business mogul – Alhaji Aliko Dangote, Former Commonwealth Secretary General – Chief Emeka Anyaoku, and Finance Minister, Dr Okonjo Iweala.
The outgoing governor diclosed he had invested $155 million (N26 billion), and that the state had a bank balance of N11.5 billion. The other sources of income was the Federal Government approved refund of N10 billion.
Speaking of investments during his tenure, he mentioned the N9 billion Independent Power Plant, N4 billion Orient Petroleum Resources, N3.5 billion INTAFACT, N900 million Awka Shopping Mall and other laudable projects.
Obi further stated that his government had gotten a N620 billion allocation from Federal government throughout his tenure while agencies had donated N20 billion.
On road construction, Obi revealed his government oversaw the completion of over 800 kilometres of road network.
Dangote while commending Governor Obi’s accomplishments said Obi was one of the well-performing governors in the country as he had executed infrastructure projects and saved up money too.
- NLC vows to shut down Kaduna over workers sack
- President Buhari has departed Abuja for Paris, France
- “We now have in our midst bandits” – Ikpeazu says ban on Open grazing must be enforced
- Just In: Unknown Gunmen attack @PoliceNG police divisional Headquarters in Delta State
- “Nobody has monopoly of intolerance” – Aisha Yesufu says critics of Southern Governors are on expired drugs
- Statement on center for clinical care and clinical research
- “Perfect birthday gift for my daughter” – Super Eagles player, Wilfred Ndidi celebrates FA Cup title win
- SERAP Claims N4.1 billion budgeted for the National Assembly is missing
- INTERVIEW – Dami Duro to FEM: Analysing Davido’s 10 years of making smashing hits back to back
- Sunday Igboho threatens to disrupt the 2023 general elections in Southwest states