Estimated Reading Time: <1
A seven-day mourning was declared by the Ondo State House of Assembly on Wednesday in honour of the late Speaker of the House, Hon Samuel Ajayi Adesina.
The late speaker passed on this Tuesday at an undisclosed hospital after giving up the fight against urinary bladder cancer.
The period of the mourning was announced by the Chairman of the House Committee on Information, Hon Oyebo Aladetan. He also announced the setting up of a burial committee to be headed by Hon Victor Akinwe, a member representing the Odigbo 1 Constituency.
- Breaking: Southeast governors announce own security outfit ‘Ebubeagu’
- #SaabGate: Joe Abah denies involvement in Alex Saab campaign
- Breaking: South-East governors meet in Imo on security
- Ramadan: Look out for crescent from Monday – Sultan
- Police rescue 15 abducted persons, 32 cows in Kaduna
- Police arrest 17 suspected cultists in Abuja
- SERAP says it is unfair to pay judges less, while Presidents and governors take home “huge salaries”
- Catholic Priest abducted in Imo
- Collective responsibility needed in fight against poverty — Okorocha
- INTERVIEW: I am excited people looked beyond the lip gloss to enjoy my content – Enioluwa Adeoluwa, 21-year-old Nigeria’s front-line Influencer