Estimated Reading Time: <1
A seven-day mourning was declared by the Ondo State House of Assembly on Wednesday in honour of the late Speaker of the House, Hon Samuel Ajayi Adesina.
The late speaker passed on this Tuesday at an undisclosed hospital after giving up the fight against urinary bladder cancer.
The period of the mourning was announced by the Chairman of the House Committee on Information, Hon Oyebo Aladetan. He also announced the setting up of a burial committee to be headed by Hon Victor Akinwe, a member representing the Odigbo 1 Constituency.
- Propsed bill to require operators of lottery, pools, betting companies to pay N20 million license fee in Lagos
- Federal Government to deduct illegal mining fees from states’ allocations
- NiMET management appeal staff to shelve planned strike
- Victor Ejechi: Nigeria added 7,999 PhD holders to the unemployment market in 21 months
- Traders told me the story about northern governor leading Boko Haram says Mailafia
- Rights group writes US, Buhari, Ganduje, condemns religious policing in Nigeria
- NJC releases list of nominees for Supreme Court appointments
- Resume or be sacked, Ebonyi government threatens striking workers
- DSS to clamp down on notable personalities and groups who incite a breakdown of law and order
- Ogun State Government suspends lockdown