Estimated Reading Time: <1
Paris Saint-Germain of France has agreed a £20 million fee with Newcastle United for Yohan Cabaye. The Newcastle midfielder will travel to France on Tuesday for a medical.
This will come as a huge blow to Newcastle Manager, Alan Pardew who had revealed on Monday during a press conference that it was not certain they could keep Cabaye
“You are talking to someone who lost Andy Carroll with eight hours to go, so am I confident?
”No, I’m not confident, and I don’t think any team not in a Champions League position or fighting for a Champions League position could be.”
“Well, you are talking to a manager who actually when he lost Andy Carroll lost a massive part of a team that wasn’t safe. We didn’t have 36 points when we lost Andy Carroll, so it was a hell of a blow.
“I still maintain that was one of my best periods as a manager at this football club, getting us safe that year, so in terms of my mentality, I’m just strong about it. I am strong whatever happens. I am the manager and I have got to deal with it.
”I don’t want him (Cabaye) to go. We have not indicated for one moment here from the owner down to any of my staff that we want him to go, not one iota.
”We would need to bring somebody in, for sure. You can’t lose a player of that quality and not replace him.”
If the deal eventually goes through, Cabaye will be missed a lot at Tyneside after making himself an integral part of the team since joining from Lille two and a half years ago.
- “They are criminals” – Governor Seyi Makinde wants police to arrest those stoking ethnic tension
- CBN warns that revised cheque book becomes fully operational April 1
- DJ Khaled to host MTV Africa Music Awards Kampala 2021
- 600 Nigerians stranded in Saudi Arabia will be brought home soon – Abike Dabiri-Erewa
- Just In: University workers begin indefinite strike February 5
- Vice President Osinbajo raises alarm over increasing number of confirmed COVID-19 cases
- After a 2 year break, singer-songwriter DavidB, is back with ‘These Crazy Times’
- Chief Sunday Igboho insists Fulani herdsmen must leave Yoruba Land
- Don Jazzy unveils new 18-year-old female artiste
- Insecurity: Nasarawa State turns to President Buhari for help