Estimated Reading Time: <1
Chelsea Legend, Michael Essien popularly known in London as ‘Bison’ has left his premier league side, Chelsea to join Italian giants, AC Milan
He leaves England after eight-and-a-half years in which he won two premier league titles, four FA Cups, One League cup and of course, the Champions League.
Chelsea Manager, Jose Mourinho who Essien fondly referred to as ‘Daddy’ had this to say about his departure:
‘To show Michael respect is to not stop him going. We would have been happy had he stayed because he is fantastic player for the team, but he’s given everything for the club and a great chance arrived for his future.
‘I know he can continue to play at a high level and I wish him success and happiness in Italy and at the World Cup in Brazil.’
On his part, Essien has revealed why he joined AC Milan
‘I’m happy to be here. I joined Milan because of Seedorf. I spoke with him two days ago. Seedorf is a great man and I hope that he will also become a great manager. l will do my best for AC Milan’
Michael Essien joined Chelsea from Lyon in the summer of 2005. He will be unveiled to AC Milan fans tomorrow.
- Coronavirus infections in Nigeria increased with 8,733 confirmed cases
- Federal Government set to release guidelines on school reopening
- Three proposed COVID-19 herbal cures identified for further investigation – FG
- Ekiti Assembly passes Tourism, Hospitality Licensing and Regulation Bill
- FG to amend National Endowment for the Arts Act
- Trading resumes in NSE after Eid-el-Fitr celebration with 0.07% growth
- Radio stations fined for violations against the Nigerian Broadcasting code
- Trump threatens to ‘close down’ social media after Twitter labelled two of his tweets “unsubstantiated”
- Breaking: In Edo State, Ize-Iyamu collects APC governorship form, and Governor Obaseki speaks
- “We dried our tears” – 17-year-old girl who escaped Boko Haram after being abducted and held in captivity for four years described life in the Sambisa forest