Estimated Reading Time: <1
In a World Press Conference to review government’s achievements in 2013 two days ago, the Minister of Information, Labaran Maku revealed the insecurity in the country was not caused by the Federal Government, but local politicians that felt Nigeria belonged to them.
The minister made it clear that despite attempts to discredit Jonathan’s administration, the government had made tremendous progress in all sectors of the economy in the last three years.
He added that those criticizing government were doing so because of their ambitions for the 2015 general election.
According to Maku, President Jonathan’s administration has been able to develop and manage a people-oriented economy, with the highest Gross Domestic Growth, GDP, in spite of the global economic meltdown.
He added that government had ensured stability in the exchange rate, low inflation rate and high economic growth. This, according to him, had made Nigeria the highest receiver of foreign investment in the continent.
- Former Senate President, Bukola Saraki express concern over the silence of “leaders” over tensions in Ondo and Oyo
- Chairman of Taraba State LGA, Hon. Salihu Dovo, has been killed by his abductors
- Nigerian Police vows action against those behind the recent violence and ethnic tension Oyo state
- Attahiru M. Jega: Restructuring in Nigeria: Why? How? When?
- It makes no sense for cows to roam the streets in 2021 – Adamu Garba of twitter declares
- Buhari’s government has been very disappointing – Former INEC Chairman, Atthairu Jega fumes
- Social Media for Activism: How a Nigerian Law school Student is using Twitter to raise awareness on misogynistic laws #everydayfeminism
- Come back with laptops, Ipad, smartphones for e-learning – UNICAL to returning students
- Oyo Insecurity: Makinde, IGP to meet with Ibarapa community
- “For people stoking ethnic tension” – Olubadan calls for peace between Fulani and Yoruba residents