Estimated Reading Time: <1
Though highly criticized by some Arsenal fans, Olivier Giroud has received words of praise from his manager, Arsene Wenger. Wenger admits his team relies a lot on the physicality of Olivier Giroud.
Giroud has so far scored eight league goals for the Gunners this season.
“We have a team that is a bit short, lightweight and more focused on mobility and technical movement, so he [Giroud] is the one guy who has that strength and structure for us,” Wenger said. “That fighting up front is very important for us.
“I think about giving him a rest, but he is important for the team. He has these physical qualities and that is, of course, very important for the team.”
While speaking of recent form, Wenger said: “There is something in the team that is special on the mental front where we have many times been questioned.
“We have shown that at West Ham when we were 1-0 down and ended up winning 3-1 on Boxing Day, we have shown that again today when we were a bit backs to the wall in the last 15 minutes. There’s a great solidarity and a great spirit in the side.
“For years we were younger and less able to resist this kind of pressure but we have always been up there at the top. If you analyse well our results we have always been up there. Last year in this period we were out of the title race but 2013 we have been quite consistent.”
- CAC declares companies inactive for failing to file annual returns
- Buhari should change service chiefs and consider new strategies to tackle insecurity – Wike
- Nigeria’s inflation rises to 15.75%, highest since 2017
- Lagos State Government to close Apapa Dock for railway project
- Kaduna State government rescues 160 Almajiri children
- Bauchi State government to rehabilitate Tafawa Balewa’s tomb
- University of Ibadan announces resumption, says first semester of 2020/2021 will hold virtually
- Buhari’s pigeons refused to fly at armed forces remembrance celebration
- Inflation rate hits 15.75% in December– highest in 39 months
- Cheta Nwanze: Remembrance day, the Nigerian Army has a murderous reputation