Estimated Reading Time: <1
The bridge is about 50m (165 ft) high.
About 33 to 40 people were on board the ill fated bus and the survivors are said to be seriously injured.
The bus was travelling through the northern province of Phetchabun when it plunged off the bridge, Police said. Khun Pha Muang is described as a bridge with some of the highest pillars in Thailand.
“We believe the bus driver fell asleep,” local police commander Sukit Samana told the Agence France-Presse news agency.
- Reps summon finance minister, predecessor over N1.7 trillion
- Federal civil servants on grade level 12 and above to resume full work hours
- Court fines Naira Marley N200,000 for violating COVID-19 restrictions
- NLC gives Air Peace, Turkish Airlines and Bristow Helicopters 2 weeks to reinstate sacked pilots
- Med-view is selling two Aircrafts to settle debt
- Ahead of Edo elections, Buhari meets Ize-Iyamu, Buni, Ganduje in Aso Rock
- Edo PDP members stage protest at state assembly complex
- Kebbi state will refund all Hajj deposits
- Commercial banks owe Telcos N17 Billion for USSD transactions – NCC
- UAE refutes reports of travel ban on Nigerians