Estimated Reading Time: <1
The bridge is about 50m (165 ft) high.
About 33 to 40 people were on board the ill fated bus and the survivors are said to be seriously injured.
The bus was travelling through the northern province of Phetchabun when it plunged off the bridge, Police said. Khun Pha Muang is described as a bridge with some of the highest pillars in Thailand.
“We believe the bus driver fell asleep,” local police commander Sukit Samana told the Agence France-Presse news agency.
- 80-year-old, ward head and three others killed in bandits attack in Kaduna
- Bandits kidnap 17 persons in three communities in Niger State
- In Katsina, 21-year-old labourer, Abubakar Sani, dragged to court over alleged homosexual (rape) of an eight-year-old boy
- COVID-19: We have capacity to test 600 people daily – Governor Obaseki
- The Nigerian Government is selling properties to fund the 2021 budget – what happens after ?
- 2023: Fayemi is the most qualified presidential candidate from South-West – APC spokesperson declares
- Just In: FG says it is mandatory for foreign diplomats to obtain the National Identity Numbers
- Breaking: Ex-finance minister, Jubril Martins-Kuye is dead
- We will continue to demand the unconditional release of El-Zakzaky – IMN
- We are short of cooling facilities to store expected Covid-19 vaccines – Nigerian Institute of Medical Research