Estimated Reading Time: <1
Chelsea manager Jose Mourinho says he is not looking at improve his side in the January transfer window.
The Blues Strikers; Samuel Eto’o, Fernando Torres and Demba Ba have not been in the best of form this season. The three Chelsea strikers have only four Premier League goals between them.
The Special one wants his players to compete for honours but he is sticking with them
“If you tell me [Sergio] Aguero has scored already 10 or 12, [Alvaro] Negredo 10 or 12, [Edin] Dzeko four or five, [Wayne] Rooney eight or 10, [Olivier] Giroud eight or 10, [Daniel] Sturridge eight or 10, [Luis] Suarez 10 or 12. If you ask me would I like my strikers to score eight, 10, 12 goals: Yes,”
Mourinho told reporters.
“If we had eight, 10, 12 [more] goals we would be top of the league. That’s a reality but my strikers give everything and the team works hard.”
“What can you do more? We work, we keep working. That’s the only way I know is to keep working.
“Of course we want the best possible results but I am not waiting for players, I am not asking for players.
“This is a period for the club and this is a period of my team where we have to try and improve the players we have and try to build a future.
“It is my squad. For good and for bad, it is my squad. Of course, it is not the perfect squad but it is my squad and I work with them until the last day.
“To criticise does not help me. What do I win by criticising my players? I win nothing.” the controversial gaffer concluded.
- Northerners met in Kaduna to begin the search for Buhari’s successor
- Breaking: Villagers killed in fresh attacks and reprisals in Kaduna
- Explosives detonated at Governor Wike’s father’s Church in Port Harcourt
- Just In: Borno Governor led residents at Zabarmari for the funeral of 43 farmers beheaded by Boko Haram terrorist
- Breaking: Nigeria’s President Buhari confirms the beheading of 43 Borno rice farmers by Boko Haram
- Former Governor of Ebonyi State, Sen. Sam Egwu has asked security agencies to arrest him
- Update: 43 bodies recovered as Boko Haram terrorists slit throats of Borno farmers
- Federal Housing Authority to publish names of Nigerians indebted to the agency in national dailies – Here’s why
- Breaking: Here are the 2020 candidates that emerged winners of the Future Awards Africa
- Breaking: Boko Haram beheads 43 farmers in Zabarmari, Maiduguri