Estimated Reading Time: <1
Nigerian and Celtic FC of Scotland defender, Efe Ambrose has said Nigeria has a chance of winning next year’s World Cup in Brazil.
He told his club’s website that Nigeria are going into the World Cup with full confidence and hopes of being the first African country to win the World Cup.
“In football everything is possible, and it’s time for Africa to step up. Nobody knows, maybe it’s time for Africa to win the World Cup,“
He also talked about Nigeria’s chances in Group F which also has Argentina, Iran and Bosnia Herzegovinia
“Our group is fair, we’ll respect every country that we play in the World Cup,” he said.
“Everybody could qualify from that group. It’s football so you can’t write anybody off.”
“Now we’ll just make sure that we’re prepared for the tournament so that we know our game-plan and are focused for when it begins.”, the right-back concluded.
- Breaking: Southeast governors announce own security outfit ‘Ebubeagu’
- #SaabGate: Joe Abah denies involvement in Alex Saab campaign
- Breaking: South-East governors meet in Imo on security
- Ramadan: Look out for crescent from Monday – Sultan
- Police rescue 15 abducted persons, 32 cows in Kaduna
- Police arrest 17 suspected cultists in Abuja
- SERAP says it is unfair to pay judges less, while Presidents and governors take home “huge salaries”
- Catholic Priest abducted in Imo
- Collective responsibility needed in fight against poverty — Okorocha
- INTERVIEW: I am excited people looked beyond the lip gloss to enjoy my content – Enioluwa Adeoluwa, 21-year-old Nigeria’s front-line Influencer