Estimated Reading Time: <1
Nigerian and Celtic FC of Scotland defender, Efe Ambrose has said Nigeria has a chance of winning next year’s World Cup in Brazil.
He told his club’s website that Nigeria are going into the World Cup with full confidence and hopes of being the first African country to win the World Cup.
“In football everything is possible, and it’s time for Africa to step up. Nobody knows, maybe it’s time for Africa to win the World Cup,“
He also talked about Nigeria’s chances in Group F which also has Argentina, Iran and Bosnia Herzegovinia
“Our group is fair, we’ll respect every country that we play in the World Cup,” he said.
“Everybody could qualify from that group. It’s football so you can’t write anybody off.”
“Now we’ll just make sure that we’re prepared for the tournament so that we know our game-plan and are focused for when it begins.”, the right-back concluded.
- Zamfara government tells clerics to persuade bandits to surrender arms
- Buhari orders MDAs, others to grant access to FIRS for tax collection
- Nigerian Railway launches N900 Million e-ticketing platform
- Blasphemy: Court acquits teenage boy sentenced to jail in Kano
- NIN is now compulsory for JAMB registration – Minister
- Nigeria’s education sector needs an enabling environment to thrive
- FG reappoints Usman as NPA Managing Director, names board for TCN
- Kano Governor Ganduje says Coronavirus test will be mandatory for anyone wishing to enter Kano State
- N6 million debt: Kaduna distribution board cuts off Electricity at the home of late Shehu Shagari
- Restructuring is not enough; we must change the constitution says Goodluck Jonathan