Estimated Reading Time: <1
Senator representing Kogi West, Dino Melaye has alleged that the Economic And Financial Crimes Commission was cooking up allegations against him.
Melaye made the claim on Twitter, stating that the anti-graft agency was conducting forensic tests on his bank accounts.
He, however, pointed out that he was ready for the commission’s investigation.
Melaye wrote, “I have credible information that EFCC is trying to cook up allegations against me. Forensic check on all my accounts. I ready for una.”
There had been reports that the EFCC was planning to arrest 23 senators for questioning.
The Senate had also turned down the appointment of the Acting Chairman of the EFCC, Ibrahim Magu after a 2-hour screening, citing DSS report against him.
- COVID-19: Health Minister says he is not aware if medical doctors in Nigeria are paid hazard allowance
- I never knew Nigeria’s healthcare infrastructure was in such bad state – Senior Nigerian Govt official says
- Lagos Govt denies relaxing lockdown in the state for Easter celebration
- Bauchi State governor, Senator Bala Mohammed tests negative for Coronavirus
- Lagos commissioner says government will soon commence search for COVID-19 patients in communities
- NCDC confirms 14 new COVID-19 cases in Nigeria
- COVID-19: Enahoro, Ali Get Presidential Pardon… 2,600 Inmates Freed
- Pharmacist Arrested For Raping A 12 Year Old Boy
- Court ask Naira Marley to shoot a video against the spread of COVID-19 pandemic – The Singer had said he didn’t believe in the virus
- COVID-19: US Government repatriates 997 Citizens from Nigeria