Estimated Reading Time: <1
Senator representing Kogi West, Dino Melaye has alleged that the Economic And Financial Crimes Commission was cooking up allegations against him.
Melaye made the claim on Twitter, stating that the anti-graft agency was conducting forensic tests on his bank accounts.
He, however, pointed out that he was ready for the commission’s investigation.
Melaye wrote, “I have credible information that EFCC is trying to cook up allegations against me. Forensic check on all my accounts. I ready for una.”
There had been reports that the EFCC was planning to arrest 23 senators for questioning.
The Senate had also turned down the appointment of the Acting Chairman of the EFCC, Ibrahim Magu after a 2-hour screening, citing DSS report against him.
- Sharia court in Kano sentences 60 year old Man to death by stoning for Rape
- Former US Ambassador to Nigeria, Walter Carrington, Dies at 90
- How are bandits getting weapons? Buhari queries Service Chiefs
- UNILAG Vice-Chancellor, Ogundipe responds to sack notice. Says it is a ‘figment of the imagination’
- Borno Governor appoints new Chief Of Staff
- Insecurity: Allow responsible citizens carry weapons, Benue Governor tells FG
- Transportation costs might increase as Lagos government introduces new taxes
- Film Censors Board issues 30-day notice on mandatory content registration
- Boko Haram leader, Abubakar Shekau, in a new audio condemns Kano death sentence
- After NewsWireNGR Exclusive, Nigerian Govt assures, ‘Air Peace will recall some sacked pilots’