Estimated Reading Time: <1
Nigerians should seek repentance from God to get out of economic recession, says Muhammad Sa’ad Abubakar III, the Sultan of Sokoto.
The monarch, who marked 10 years of his reign on Wednesday, said the recession being experienced in several countries of the world is ordained by God.
“The only solution to this is for us to show piety and repent. It is ordained by God. So, Nigerians should seek for repentance from God,” he said, during the distribution of items to 270 widows, orphans and other less-privileged persons.
The Sultan urged Christians and Muslims to use their respective Holy Scriptures as guide for living their lives.
He urged governments at all levels to take effective measures to alleviate the suffering of Nigerians.
- Lockdown: Wike Orders Arrest Of Two Pilots For Violating Border Closure Rules
- AfDB President, Akinwunmi Adesina Denies Allegations Of Misconduct
- Africa Faces Massive Job Cuts In The Energy Sector – AEC
- #COVID19: EU to Help Africa With €15 Billion
- Poor People Are Not Sufficiently Captured By SIP – Senate President
- Keep your Smartphone Corona-Free: Kaspersky Shares Top Tips
- COVID-19: Customs Boss Approves Release Of Rice, Other Items Worth N3.2bn For Distribution
- “I am ready to set aside my immunity” – Governor Wike reveals those making Rivers state Vulnerable to Coronavirus
- Breaking: Nigeria records 16 new cases of Coronavirus, total infections now 254
- Nigerian Doctor Dies From Corona Virus