Estimated Reading Time: <1
Nigerians should seek repentance from God to get out of economic recession, says Muhammad Sa’ad Abubakar III, the Sultan of Sokoto.
The monarch, who marked 10 years of his reign on Wednesday, said the recession being experienced in several countries of the world is ordained by God.
“The only solution to this is for us to show piety and repent. It is ordained by God. So, Nigerians should seek for repentance from God,” he said, during the distribution of items to 270 widows, orphans and other less-privileged persons.
The Sultan urged Christians and Muslims to use their respective Holy Scriptures as guide for living their lives.
He urged governments at all levels to take effective measures to alleviate the suffering of Nigerians.
- #EndSARS: Governors directed to establish security and human rights committees – Police Affairs Minister
- #EndSARS protests should continue says Benue State Governor Ortom
- #EndSARS: You have made your point, please call off the protest; Tinubu begs
- Governor Ayade swears in 3rd acting chief judge in 11 months, as lawyers protest
- #EndSARS protests: Lagos considers closure of schools
- Leave the road and let’s talk; Sanwo-Olu begs #EndSARS protesters
- 181 students, staff test positive for COVID-19 in Lagos private school
- Breaking: Another Prison attacked and inmates freed in Edo
- Nigerian lawmaker backs #EndSARS protesters
- Just In: Defence minister warns protesters against undermining National Security #EndSARS