Estimated Reading Time: <1
Suspected cattle rustlers have killed a soldier attached to a Joint Security Patrol team code-named “Operation Sharan Daji” in Katsina.
The attackers also injured another soldier when they ambushed a patrol team’s convoy.
Daily Trust reports that the incident happened at Madaci village, in Faskari local government.
The soldiers, acting on intelligence, had stormed the area for an operation.
Kastina Commissioner of Police, Abdullahi Usman, who confirmed the incident, said the rustlers engaged soldiers in a shoot-out which led to several fatalities, adding that reports were still sketchy on the incident.
He said the injured soldier was taken to Funtua General Hospital, while another one died in Zaria where he was taken for further medical attention.
Usman added that investigation was on, disclosing that it has been established that the attack on the convoy was pre-meditated.
- Nigerian Doctor Dies From Corona Virus
- Just In: Boko Haram Currently Attacking Ngala, Borno Community
- Akeredolu Pays 2 Months Salaries Of Ex-Political Office Holders
- Paris bans daytime Jogging to contain spread of Coronavirus – Police issue fines for lockdown violations
- VIDEO: How 20-Year old ABU Zaria Student Produced Manual Ventilator for COVID-19 Patients
- Coronavirus: 75 workers with the University Of Benin Teaching Hospital in isolation
- Opinion: Why The Conviction Of Funke Akindele Cannot Stand In Law
- Opinion: When will Pastor Chris Oyakhilome be arrested for spreading falsehood?
- WhatsApp Puts New Limits On The Forwarding Of Viral Messages
- Governor Seyi Makinde said in boosting his immunity to fight coronavirus, he consumed vitamin C, carrots and black seed oil mixed with honey