Estimated Reading Time: <1
Suspected cattle rustlers have killed a soldier attached to a Joint Security Patrol team code-named “Operation Sharan Daji” in Katsina.
The attackers also injured another soldier when they ambushed a patrol team’s convoy.
Daily Trust reports that the incident happened at Madaci village, in Faskari local government.
The soldiers, acting on intelligence, had stormed the area for an operation.
Kastina Commissioner of Police, Abdullahi Usman, who confirmed the incident, said the rustlers engaged soldiers in a shoot-out which led to several fatalities, adding that reports were still sketchy on the incident.
He said the injured soldier was taken to Funtua General Hospital, while another one died in Zaria where he was taken for further medical attention.
Usman added that investigation was on, disclosing that it has been established that the attack on the convoy was pre-meditated.
- Ibrahim Magu has been released from detention
- Nigerian Police deny detaining suspended Acting EFCC Chairman
- Federal High court jails ex-NIMASA director seven years for N1.5bn fraud
- Breaking: Federal High Court discharges Government Tompolo over charges of fraud
- Former Zamfara Governor, Yari, allegedly assaults airport official enforcing COVID-19 protocol
- Buhari mourns the passing of Flying Officer, Tolulope Arotile
- Empire actor Bryshere Gray, arrested for domestic assault
- 12 EFCC directors have been suspended with immediate effect
- Delta State introduces property tax to increase revenue
- 5 years after losing an eye to abusive partner, Josina Machel appeals judgement that acquits her abuser