Estimated Reading Time: <1
Social media sites Facebook and Instagram were down worldwide for around an hour today . Hackers from the online group Lizard Squad have claimed responsibility for the attack, which took the two social media sites down at around 6am GMT.
For an hour the sites both appeared with error messages world over, affecting the United States, Africa and Asia.
While it was down Facebook said they were ‘aware’ of trouble accessing Facebook and Instagram: ‘We’re working to get things back to normal as quickly as possible.’
An Instagram spokesman posted on Twitter: ‘We’re aware of an outage affecting Instagram and are working on a fix. Thank you for your patience.’
The Lizard Squad is a group of hackers that has caused havoc in the online world before, taking credit for attacks that took down the Sony PlayStation Network and Microsoft’s Xbox Live network last.
- No better opportunity than now for all Christians to pray – Buhari’s Easter Message to Nigerians
- COVID-19: Health Minister says he is not aware if medical doctors in Nigeria are paid hazard allowance
- I never knew Nigeria’s healthcare infrastructure was in such bad state – Senior Nigerian Govt official says
- Lagos Govt denies relaxing lockdown in the state for Easter celebration
- Bauchi State governor, Senator Bala Mohammed tests negative for Coronavirus
- Lagos commissioner says government will soon commence search for COVID-19 patients in communities
- NCDC confirms 14 new COVID-19 cases in Nigeria
- COVID-19: Enahoro, Ali Get Presidential Pardon… 2,600 Inmates Freed
- Pharmacist Arrested For Raping A 12 Year Old Boy
- Court ask Naira Marley to shoot a video against the spread of COVID-19 pandemic – The Singer had said he didn’t believe in the virus