Estimated Reading Time: <1
Social media sites Facebook and Instagram were down worldwide for around an hour today . Hackers from the online group Lizard Squad have claimed responsibility for the attack, which took the two social media sites down at around 6am GMT.
For an hour the sites both appeared with error messages world over, affecting the United States, Africa and Asia.
While it was down Facebook said they were ‘aware’ of trouble accessing Facebook and Instagram: ‘We’re working to get things back to normal as quickly as possible.’
An Instagram spokesman posted on Twitter: ‘We’re aware of an outage affecting Instagram and are working on a fix. Thank you for your patience.’
The Lizard Squad is a group of hackers that has caused havoc in the online world before, taking credit for attacks that took down the Sony PlayStation Network and Microsoft’s Xbox Live network last.
- Zamfara Government orders immediate closure of all boarding schools in the state
- IGP calls for calm amid the tension caused by Jangebe schoolgirls abduction
- Controversy trails attempted arrest of Sunday Igboho
- Delta State bans night grazing, underage cattle herders in the state
- Bandits who abducted Jangebe schoolgirls are different from the ones I met – Gumi
- Police confirms 317 schoolgirls were abducted in Zamfara school
- Just in: Osinbajo tells CBN to regulate, not ban cryptocurrency
- Police in Rivers State dissolve the ‘Eagle Crack Squad’ unit of the force
- Jangebe Abductions: The terrorists attacked the soldiers in the community before they entered the school- Teacher reveals
- Muslims in Kwara public schools can now wear Hijabs – Kwara State government