Estimated Reading Time: <1
Catholic Bishops Friday meet Nigeria’s President Goodluck Jonathan at a closed-door at the Presidential Villa warning him of an impending danger in Nigeria over the spade of terrorists activities in the country.
President of the conference, Archbishop Ignatius Kaigama, who led his colleagues to the meeting said they are disturbed that parts of Nigeria’s territory are being taken away with so many people displaced.
“I just feel that things are not right, territorially our land is being taken away, the people who we look after, their homes and shelters are being captured making them refugees in their home land.
“There are families that are stranded and we felt Mr President should know, as a Catholic church we have a good structure of taking relief, we want the government to collaborate with us to help these victims” he added.
The Archbishop therefore called on the government to lend their support in helping these displaced victims.
The President gave the bishops the assurance that the security situation in the country will be given priority by his administration and that terrorism will not last long.
Terrorists have continued to occupy territories in the North-eastern parts of Nigeria and killing and displacing hundreds who have been forced in the various internally displaced camps.
- No better opportunity than now for all Christians to pray – Buhari’s Easter Message to Nigerians
- COVID-19: Health Minister says he is not aware if medical doctors in Nigeria are paid hazard allowance
- I never knew Nigeria’s healthcare infrastructure was in such bad state – Senior Nigerian Govt official says
- Lagos Govt denies relaxing lockdown in the state for Easter celebration
- Bauchi State governor, Senator Bala Mohammed tests negative for Coronavirus
- Lagos commissioner says government will soon commence search for COVID-19 patients in communities
- NCDC confirms 14 new COVID-19 cases in Nigeria
- COVID-19: Enahoro, Ali Get Presidential Pardon… 2,600 Inmates Freed
- Pharmacist Arrested For Raping A 12 Year Old Boy
- Court ask Naira Marley to shoot a video against the spread of COVID-19 pandemic – The Singer had said he didn’t believe in the virus