Estimated Reading Time: <1
Former Nigerian Vice President and 2015 Presidential Aspirant, Atiku Abubakar was in Lagos on Saturday, 20th September, 2014 for the #MeetAtiku interactive session with Nigerian youths which took place at the Eko Hotel and Suites in Victoria Island, Lagos.
He was thoroughly quizzed by seasoned journalist and the delectable publisher of NewsWireNGR, Mercy Abang who was the moderator on the day. The youths threw a lot of questions at the Presidential aspirant who promised to engage the youths more if elected President
Here are some of the issues he addressed.
On whether his children study in Nigeria
“My daughters went to ABU(Ahmadu Bello University Zaria), one in Medicine, one in Pharmacy. The strikes did drive some of my kids abroad. They needed to finish on time. This is unfortunate and we need to fix it. Student fees do not cover AUN’s recurrent expenditures. I cover that for now”
How he would improve Nigeria’s economy if he eventually becomes President
“Agriculture and Human resource base. Our economy does not need to be resource based. Our resources should be a means to an end. Our people must be willing to take risks. My first real business in transportation (hire purchase). I actually lost my transport business but I tried again. I kept on. Young entrepreneurs need access to low interest funding and business information”.
He also promised not to switch parties anymore after his back and forth movement within the PDP and the APC in the past. The Adamawa state born politician also made it clear he was not wanted in the United States of America as rumors had previously suggested.
The party was however not complete until the former Vice President who wore a broad smile presented a surprise birthday cake to Mercy Abang whose birthday coincided with the occasion.
We have photos from the event for you, check them out.
- NCDC confirms 14 new COVID-19 cases in Nigeria
- COVID-19: Enahoro, Ali Get Presidential Pardon… 2,600 Inmates Freed
- Pharmacist Arrested For Raping A 12 Year Old Boy
- Court ask Naira Marley to shoot a video against the spread of COVID-19 pandemic – The Singer had said he didn’t believe in the virus
- COVID-19: US Government repatriates 997 Citizens from Nigeria
- Just In: Lagos discharges seven COVID-19 patients
- Breaking: Nigeria’s Buhari grants presidential pardon, clemency to prison inmates over COVID-19
- Coronavirus may be “reactivating” in people who have been cured of the illness, according to Korea’s Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- 90 Percent Of COVID-19 Patients Recover Without Medical Intervention – NCDC Boss
- “Inmates Will Die Like Chickens if Coronavirus Gets into Prison in Nigeria” — Lamboginny