Estimated Reading Time: 1
The deputy national publicity secretary of the All Progressives Congress (APC), Yekini Nabena, has asked the spiritual director of the Adoration Ministry, Rev Father Mbaka to emulate the General Overseer of the Redeemed Christian Church Of God, Pastor EA Adeboye.
In a sermon on Wednesday, Mbaka had asked President Buhari to resign over the worsening insecurity in the country.
But in a statement on Friday, the APC chieftain responded that Father Mbaka is supposed to use “all known spiritual means of averting crisis but rather threatening a democratically elected government for his own personal benefit while pretending to be speaking for the people”.
“One will wonder whom Father Mbaka is emulating because the Lord Jesus Christ did not threaten to bring down the government during his own time, in fact, Jesus Christ obeyed and honoured constituted authority,” he said.
“That’s why he paid his tax. We are calling on Father Mbaka to concentrate on his spiritual calling and stop speaking like politicians who it is obvious he (Mbaka) has been dining and wining with.
“Calling on President Muhammadu Buhari to either resign or be impeached because of the current challenges is ungodly.
“Father Mbaka should not, however, take his luck too far because there is a lot to tell the Vatican and the Pope about his person and his sources of inspiration.”
He asked the priest to emulate Enoch Adeboye of the Redeemed Christian Church of God (RCCG) who “prays and fasts” to avert crisis in the country. “If Mbaka has found another political ally, it is better to leave a political message for politicians.” he said.
- ‘Gimba Yau Kumo, wanted by the ICPC, is no longer Buhari’s son in-law’ – Presidency says
- #DavidoAt10: ‘Being true hearted goes a long way – Davido says
- Bayelsa government imposes curfew from 8pm to 6am
- ‘We had sex, Ini Umoren attacked me, I killed her in self defense’ – Uduak Akpan claims
- Gbajabiamila did not oppose Southern Governors’ calls for restructuring – Rep
- President Buhari promises to ‘support and help Chad stabilize’
- ‘Stop fortifying criminals’ – Police warn native doctors in Ebonyi
- Buhari meets Chad’s interim President in Abuja
- JAMB may postpone UTME 2021 exams
- Aisha Yesufu vows to disregard NIN-SIM linking exercise in protest