Estimated Reading Time: 1
Kogi senator, Smart Adeyemi, was on Tuesday scolded by his colleauge, Lagos state senator Oluremi Tinubu over his comments on the house floor about the state of insecurity in the country.
Senator Adeyemi, who spoke for over five minutes, described the current state of insecurity in Nigeria as the worst so far.
However, Senator Oluremi Tinubu, who belongs to the same political party, All Progressives Congress (APC) as Mr Adeyemi, who was sitting next to Mr Adeyemi during his contribution, was heard scolding the Kogi lawmaker.
“Are you in PDP? Are you a wolf in sheep’s clothing?,” Mrs Tinubu reportedly said rebuking the lawmaker.
Ignoring his colleague, Mr Adeyemi went on to say that there are a lot of misgivings, a lot of misinterpretation of what is happening.
“Some people believe that some people in government are supporting this move. We cannot pretend that we are capable of handling the situation in our hands. America, as powerful as they are, when the pandemic came, it came to a point China came to their rescue.”
“I’m a party man and I’m supporting APC but it has gotten to a point that as supporters we cannot keep quiet,” He further stated.
- Just In: Army arrests 13 suspected Boko Haram terrorists in Kano
- Miyetti Allah Chairman regains freedom
- For Eid-el-Fitr, Buhari plans modest celebration within Aso Rock
- Ogun Police say, anyone planning to attack any station in the state is on a “suicide mission”
- NDLEA busts an alleged online drug trafficking cartel that sells to Abuja residents
- Insecurity: We urge Nigerians to boycott Democracy day – Coalition of Civil society in Nigeria tackle Buhari
- UNIBEN warn admission seekers to be wary of the activities of racketeers
- Wike says “no amount of intimidation will make the state succumb to any secessionist”
- We are against payment of ransom to bandits – Arewa Consultative Forum
- INTERVIEW: Alkasim Abdulkadir provides rare insight into the battle against insurgency, nation building and why youths must chase money