Estimated Reading Time: 1
The Police in Sokoto State on Tuesday confirmed the death of one person, burning of a divisional police station and two vehicles in Kware Local Government Area of the state.
Spokesman for the police in the state, ASP Abubakar Sanusi, told the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) that this was after a mob came to the station demanding the release of two suspected kidnappers.
Sanusi said that the suspects were earlier arrested and being investigated for their alleged involvement in kidnapping in the area.
He explained that the mob, mostly youths, came to the station shouting and insisting that the two suspects should be released.
He said that they overpowered the operatives guarding the station and burnt it down along with the DPO’s car and two police vans.
He added that the mob succeeded in killing one of the suspects and wounded the other.
Sanusi, however, said no arrest had been made but the investigation was ongoing
- Former Minister for Women Affairs, Aisha Alhassan dies
- Ebonyi Government says it will offer amnesty to repentant bandits
- Reps Committee summons NNPC, others over oil mining lease revocation
- ‘Buhari needs to speak to Nigerians; we didn’t vote for Garba Shehu or Femi Adesina’ – Dino Melaye
- I will stop being a Nigerian if Tinubu becomes President – Bode George
- Breaking: FG announce high profile Nigerians and institutions as financiers of terrorism
- “Some people are mercilessly against this country,” – Disappointed Buhari says
- Supreme court declares dissolution of Oyo Local Government Councils illegal
- Pastor Adeboye’s son to be buried on Tuesday May 11
- Abia Governor promises to rescue abducted ABSU student