Estimated Reading Time: 1
Gunmen in the early hours of Tuesday, reportedly killed six people in an attack on a camp for internally displaced people in Abagena, along Makurdi-Lafia highway in Benue state.
Benue state Governor Samuel Ortom, confirmed the attack.
Ortom stated this when he visited the camp, where the IDPs were already protesting the attack by blocking the Makurdi-Lafia road.
“You have all seen what is happening within the last two weeks. We have lost over 70 people in Guma, Makurdi and Gwer West LGAs alone, in addition to what you have seen here.
“Many are in the hospital apart from the seven that were killed. But I want to say that our patience is being overstretched in spite of our preaching of rule of law and due process. You can see that the people are fed up.’’ he said.
While protesting the killings, the IDPs blocked the Markurdi-Lafia Federal Highway and laid the corpses of the victims on the road.
- Ohanaeze Chieftain vows to ‘put an executive Zik in Aso Rock in 2023’
- Police arrests 49 Shiite protesters in Abuja
- For the second time in a week, gunmen attack police station in Akwa Ibom
- ‘El-Rufai’s comments are mischievous’ – Igbo Leaders respond
- ‘You can’t get Presidency by threats or shouting victimhood’ – El Rufai says to South-East
- ‘A military takeover is not the solution to Nigeria’s problems’ – Adams Oshiomhole
- Gunmen kill five Police Officers, two civilians in Rivers
- Wike says Nasir el-Rufai is reaping from the evil he plotted against Rivers State
- Hadiza Bala-Usman faces Probe over un-remitted N165.3bn funds
- Former Minister for Women Affairs, Aisha Alhassan dies