Estimated Reading Time: 1
Two more abducted students of Greenfield University have been found dead.
Three of the abducted students were earlier found dead on Friday.
The armed bandits last Tuesday night kidnapped an unspecified number of students at the institution located at Kasarami village off Kaduna-Abuja Road in Chikun local government area of Kaduna state
The Kaduna State Commissioner for Internal Security and Homeland Affairs, Samuel Aruwan, confirmed the latest death of the two students.
“On a sad note, security agencies have just reported to the Kaduna State Government the recovery of two more dead bodies of Greenfield University students, killed by armed bandits today, Monday 26th April 2021.
“The retrieved corpses have been evacuated to a mortuary, and the university has been notified of the development.
“The Government of Kaduna State under the leadership of Nasir El-Rufai is saddened by this evil perpetrated against innocent students abducted while pursuing their education for a glorious future.
“The government sends its deep empathy to their families and the university management and prays for the repose of their souls.”
The government said it will provide more information on future occurrence.
Meanwhile the Kaduna State government has a policy against paying ransom as it claims the ransom are used to buy more weapons to cause more terror acts.
- Gunmen abduct Abia state university students
- Abuja schools shut, students sent home as threats of bandit attacks increase
- Insecurity: Nigeria’s security chiefs appear before Senate
- Terrorists attack Anambra Police Station
- Nigeria has no adequate satellites to monitor bandits – Space Agency says
- EFCC arrests alleged organ trafficker in Port Harcourt
- NECO releases 2020 SSCE results
- #EndSARS: We gave N940 million to Lagos businesses: Sanwo-Olu
- Son of the General Overseer of the Redeemed Christian Church of God, Enoch Adeboye, is dead
- 15 million naira ransom paid – one notorious terrorist released in exchange for 27 Kaduna students