Estimated Reading Time: 1
Motorcycle riders and members of the National Union of Road Transport Workers on Monday, clashed at the Iyana-Iba-Ojo axis of Lagos State on Monday.
NewsWireNGR gathered that during the incident which happened near the Lagos State University, started around 8 am.
According to an eyewitness report, “The situation is due to a clash between motorcycle riders and members of the National Union of NURTW. The clash has spread to the Alaba-Rago area — directly opposite LASU — and the popular Volks bus stop.
“The road is currently blocked, and unsafe for movement. Tyres have been burnt, gunshots were also heard.”
“The clash ensued between Okada riders and NURTW workers. While discharging their ticketing duty, there was a disagreement between the duo that led to the death of one person.
“Soldiers intervened to secure peace and dispersed them with tear gas but the aggrieved parties retreated, only for the Okada men to troop back to Volks to challenge the NURTW members.”
Reacting, the Lagos State Police spokesperson, Adejobi Olumuyiwa, said normalcy has returned.
“Normalcy has been restored to Iyana Iba, Okokomaiko and the axis. We are on top of the situation. No ethnic colouration. Everyone should continue his or her business. No cause for alarm. We will update you with the details soon,” Olumuyiwa said.
- Uzodimma vs Okorocha: Eastern Palm University VC sacked
- Troops have rescued 13 citizens kidnapped by terrorists in Kaduna
- PHOTOS: Funeral Service for Chimamanda Adichie’s mother; Mrs Grace Ifeoma Adichie
- Buhari’s Presidency has surrendered “our nation to terrorists” – PDP
- 27 abducted students of the college of forestry, Kaduna have been released
- Federal Government begins process to deploy 5G Technology
- Father Mbaka resurfaces, allays supporters’ fears
- Facebook upholds decision to suspend Donald Trump from platform
- ‘We will all suffer if Nigeria is not better’ – Isa Pantami
- ‘We don’t have Father Mbaka’ – DSS responds