Estimated Reading Time: 1
A family of eight, including a nursing mother have been abducted at a hotel in Ajaawa, Ogbomoso in Ogo Oluwa Local Government Area of Oyo State.
The victims, identified as Mr Olukunle Oyedokun, his wife, Juliana and six others were reportedly kidnapped around 10 pm on Saturday.
Oyo State Police Public Relations Officer, DSP Adewale Osifeso confirmed the story, but he said he is not aware of the actual number of victims.
“Yes, I’m aware that a hotel was attacked at Ajaawa where the abduction of some people took place. Our men are actively on the trail of the abductors. Investigations are ongoing.”
According to a report from Vanguard, a source who gave vivid details of the abduction said that apart from kidnapping the hotelier and his wife who is a nursing mother, the brother’s wife, Juliana Oyedokun, and her 10-year-old son, John; Omoriyeba, and her daughter, six-year-old Adesewa; another Oyedokun’s child, Oluwajuwonlo and a guest in the hotel were abducted by the bandits.
The source said the hoodlums stormed the hotel around 10 p.m. The hotel is behind CAC Primary School, Lagbedu Road, Ogbomoso.
According to information gathered, the abductors fired several shots to scare people in the area before kidnapping their victims. While the abductors held their victims’ hostage, two other persons were said to have escaped into the bush.
The kidnappers were said to have called the family members on Sunday, asking for N15 million ransom. Though the ransom has been reduced to N2.5m, the family members are still sourcing for the money.
- Ohanaeze Chieftain vows to ‘put an executive Zik in Aso Rock in 2023’
- Police arrests 49 Shiite protesters in Abuja
- For the second time in a week, gunmen attack police station in Akwa Ibom
- ‘El-Rufai’s comments are mischievous’ – Igbo Leaders respond
- ‘You can’t get Presidency by threats or shouting victimhood’ – El Rufai says to South-East
- ‘A military takeover is not the solution to Nigeria’s problems’ – Adams Oshiomhole
- Gunmen kill five Police Officers, two civilians in Rivers
- Wike says Nasir el-Rufai is reaping from the evil he plotted against Rivers State
- Hadiza Bala-Usman faces Probe over un-remitted N165.3bn funds
- Former Minister for Women Affairs, Aisha Alhassan dies