Estimated Reading Time: 1
Boko Haram insurgents are currently attacking Mainok in Borno State – Mainok, located on the Maiduguri – Damaturu Highway, is 55 kilometres away from Maiduguri, the state capital.
Mainok is the headquarters of the Kaga Local Government Area of Borno State.
It is gathered that the insurgents are setting houses ablaze and breaking shops in the town – muliple sources in the town say insurgents in a convoy of between 15 and 20 vehicles were seen near Mainok town on Sunday afternoon.
Insurgents have reportedly ambushed travellers on the highway until recently when extra forces were stationed at selected locations.
Insurgents had launched an attack on troops in May last year in the town.
- Insecurity: We urge Nigerians to boycott Democracy day – Coalition of Civil society in Nigeria tackle Buhari
- UNIBEN warn admission seekers to be wary of the activities of racketeers
- Wike says “no amount of intimidation will make the state succumb to any secessionist”
- We are against payment of ransom to bandits – Arewa Consultative Forum
- INTERVIEW: Alkasim Abdulkadir provides rare insight into the battle against insurgency, nation building and why youths must chase money
- Muhyideen Kolawole: The Healthcare System in Nigeria is Collapsing
- Nasir el-rufai is “one of the real enemies” of Nigeria – Benue Governor Ortom says his Kaduna counterpart is an “ethnic champion and religious bigot”
- #EndSARS: Witness shared videos revealing Army shooting at protesters at the Lekki Toll
- Ohanaeze Chieftain vows to ‘put an executive Zik in Aso Rock in 2023’
- Police arrests 49 Shiite protesters in Abuja