Estimated Reading Time: 1
Some gunmen have abducted students from Green Field University in Kaduna state.
The school is located along the Kaduna–Abuka Highway in the Chikun Local Government Area and is the first private university in the state and was established three years ago.
NewsWireNGR gathered that the gunmen attacked the school on Tuesday and the number of students abducted remains unknown.
The Kaduna State Commissioner for Internal Security and Home Affairs, Samuel Aruwan, confirmed the incident to Channels Television.
Eyewitnesses said the attackers opened fire to scare away residents before kidnapping some students.
This kidnap comes barely a month since arms-wielding bandits abducted 39 students from the Federal College of Forestry Mechanisation, Afaka, Kaduna State.
This newspaper reported that the students were abducted on Thursday, March 11, 2021, when bandits in their large numbers invaded their school located opposite the Nigerian Defence Academy along the Kaduna International Airport road.
10 of the students have regained their freedom, leaving 29 others in captivity.
The bandit abductors have requested N500 million as ransom but the state governor, Nasir El-Rufai declared that in line with his anti-negotiation tactics, the state would not be paying ransom to free the students.
But since March 25, parents of the students have defied the directive of the state government and vowed to negotiate with bandits to secure the release of their children.
- NDLEA busts an alleged online drug trafficking cartel that sells to Abuja residents
- Insecurity: We urge Nigerians to boycott Democracy day – Coalition of Civil society in Nigeria tackle Buhari
- UNIBEN warn admission seekers to be wary of the activities of racketeers
- Wike says “no amount of intimidation will make the state succumb to any secessionist”
- We are against payment of ransom to bandits – Arewa Consultative Forum
- INTERVIEW: Alkasim Abdulkadir provides rare insight into the battle against insurgency, nation building and why youths must chase money
- Muhyideen Kolawole: The Healthcare System in Nigeria is Collapsing
- Nasir el-rufai is “one of the real enemies” of Nigeria – Benue Governor Ortom says his Kaduna counterpart is an “ethnic champion and religious bigot”
- #EndSARS: Witness shared videos revealing Army shooting at protesters at the Lekki Toll
- Ohanaeze Chieftain vows to ‘put an executive Zik in Aso Rock in 2023’