Estimated Reading Time: 1
Unknown gunmen in early hours of Wednesday have reportedly attacked the Divisional Police Headquarters, Adani in Uzo-Uwani Local Government Area of Enugu State.
NewsWireNGR learnt that the assailants killed two police officers on duty and injured many others while the police station was burnt.
The attack on the police station started at about 2:30am on Wednesday and lasted for about one hour.
When contacted, the Police Public Relations Officer (PPRO), Enugu State Command, Mr Daniel Ndukwe, said that the details of the incident were still sketchy and promised to get back.
In recent weeks, Police stations in the southeast and some states in the south-south have been attacked by gunmen.
The latest incident took place on Monday, April 19 as unidentified hoodlums razed the zone 13 police headquarters in Ukpo, Anambra state.
- Pastor Adeboye’s son to be buried on Tuesday May 11
- Abia Governor promises to rescue abducted ABSU student
- Support Buhari in fight against insecurity, APC begs Nigerians
- Security operatives kill 8 gunmen in foiled attack on Imo Police Headquarters
- ‘Senator Abaribe should be in prison for failing to produce Nnamdi Kanu’ – Deputy Speaker says
- ‘Migrating persons seen in Kagarko LGA are travelling herders’ – Kaduna Government
- CBN extends deadline for dollar for naira promo
- Reuben Abati says Buhari’s ‘government will not allow transparency because it has something to hide’
- Anxiety in Abuja as security heightens over alleged Boko Haram attacks
- “We know your job is not easy, but we are proud of you” – Former Ogun Gov Daniel tells Osinbajo