Estimated Reading Time: 1
Katsina State Government has approved the deployment of dogs to complement the security arrangements to secure boarding schools in the State.
State Commissioner for Education, Dr Badamasi Charanchi, said the decision was to complement the efforts of security personnel attached to each boarding school.
He said: “We were advised to deploy these dogs at each school because they have special abilities to detect any intruder faster than human beings in many instances.
“These dogs, when deployed will alert the students and other security agents in case of any intruder or bandits whenever they are coming.
”It was advice from the security agencies and we find it expedient because of the current security situation. Even most of the police stations and rich men have dogs to facilitate and assist security and the vigilante groups.”
Governor Bello Masari while speaking on the re-opening of boarding schools said his administration has re-enforced the security architecture of the boarding schools before reopening them.
According to him, apart from deploying five security guards, a perimeter fence was erected with a security watchtower in the boarding schools across the state.
Bandits invaded Government Secondary School, Kankara last year and took away 342 students who were later rescued by security agencies.
- NDLEA busts an alleged online drug trafficking cartel that sells to Abuja residents
- Insecurity: We urge Nigerians to boycott Democracy day – Coalition of Civil society in Nigeria tackle Buhari
- UNIBEN warn admission seekers to be wary of the activities of racketeers
- Wike says “no amount of intimidation will make the state succumb to any secessionist”
- We are against payment of ransom to bandits – Arewa Consultative Forum
- INTERVIEW: Alkasim Abdulkadir provides rare insight into the battle against insurgency, nation building and why youths must chase money
- Muhyideen Kolawole: The Healthcare System in Nigeria is Collapsing
- Nasir el-rufai is “one of the real enemies” of Nigeria – Benue Governor Ortom says his Kaduna counterpart is an “ethnic champion and religious bigot”
- #EndSARS: Witness shared videos revealing Army shooting at protesters at the Lekki Toll
- Ohanaeze Chieftain vows to ‘put an executive Zik in Aso Rock in 2023’