Estimated Reading Time: 2
Security services in Nigeria say they have uncovered plans by a secessionist group in the South-East to bomb financial institutions, especially banks and business premises and attribute their nefarious activities to government agencies.
NewsWireNGR gathered that at a joint meeting of the security services, including intelligence components named members of the Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB), behind the new scheme of bombing.
A security source claimed the intention of the group was to wreak havoc and attribute the deadly action to the security services including the military, the Police and the Department of State Service (DSS).
The source said: “The public is aware of the recent spate of attacks on military and security personnel as well as destructions of their properties perpetrated by criminal secessionist elements in a bid to further their selfish agenda.
“Already the campaigns towards the sinister motives have commenced with their recent statements and action so far. Is it not ridiculous and baseless claims by the Indigenous People of Biafra, IPOB, that the Department of State Services, DSS, had planned to sponsor attacks on banks in the South East?
“The same IPOB had claimed that attacks would be carried out by DSS operatives under the guise of the Ebube Agu recently floated by the South-East governors rather than the group’s Eastern Security Network, ESN.
“Such allegations should be taken as cheap blackmail, designed by the illegal organisation to distract the public and indeed, the international community from what has become its pattern of violent attacks, retreat and feigning of non-violent dispositions.
“The public was advised to be wary of the antics of IPOB which hides under these methods to wreak havoc on innocent people and targets.” he said
The spokesperson of DSS, Peter Afunanya while speaking to journalists, described the agency as responsible, saying it would continue to work with other sister agencies to maintain law and order protect lives and property. He called on citizens and corporate bodies to be security conscious and beef up protective measures around them.
- Uzodimma vs Okorocha: Eastern Palm University VC sacked
- Troops have rescued 13 citizens kidnapped by terrorists in Kaduna
- PHOTOS: Funeral Service for Chimamanda Adichie’s mother; Mrs Grace Ifeoma Adichie
- Buhari’s Presidency has surrendered “our nation to terrorists” – PDP
- 27 abducted students of the college of forestry, Kaduna have been released
- Federal Government begins process to deploy 5G Technology
- Father Mbaka resurfaces, allays supporters’ fears
- Facebook upholds decision to suspend Donald Trump from platform
- ‘We will all suffer if Nigeria is not better’ – Isa Pantami
- ‘We don’t have Father Mbaka’ – DSS responds