Estimated Reading Time: 1
A 35-year old man, Umaru Jibrin has stabbed the Chief Imam of Enagi town, in Edati Local Government area of Niger State to death for allegedly having a sexual relationship with his wife, Aisha Umar.
Jibrin claims that he caught the 48-year old Islamic cleric, Alhaji Attahiru Alhassan, in the act and stabbed him in the neck when he called him for a peace talk.
He was however arrested by the Police in the state. Narrating what happened to newsmen at the Police Headquarters in Minna, Jibrin said, “When I saw him on top of my wife, I said haba Imam why must you do this to me? Aisha my wife what are you looking for?”
Jibrin further explained that he went out after asking them the question to see his brother, one Abubakar Abdulrahman inform him of what he saw.
“But, not quite long, the Imam sent for me for a peace talk, and to plead that the matter is concealed from the public,” he said.
However, an argument was said to have ensued in the process which allegedly made Jibrin forcefully collect the rod in the hand of the Chief Imam and stabbed in him in the neck.
The Police Public Relations Officer in the state, Wasiu Abiodun told journalists that when the incident happened, the suspect took to his heels but was later arrested at Batati village, in Lavun local Government Area of the state – he asserted when they were paraded Tuesday.
Abiodun said some youths mobilised to the police station in the area to lynch the suspect in a jungle justice but the policemen there intervened.
He advised the general public to desist from taking laws into their hand, saying that investigation into the incident was ongoing and that the suspect would soon be charged to court.
- President Buhari has departed Abuja for Paris, France
- “We now have in our midst bandits” – Ikpeazu says ban on Open grazing must be enforced
- Just In: Unknown Gunmen attack @PoliceNG police divisional Headquarters in Delta State
- “Nobody has monopoly of intolerance” – Aisha Yesufu says critics of Southern Governors are on expired drugs
- Statement on center for clinical care and clinical research
- “Perfect birthday gift for my daughter” – Super Eagles player, Wilfred Ndidi celebrates FA Cup title win
- SERAP Claims N4.1 billion budgeted for the National Assembly is missing
- INTERVIEW – Dami Duro to FEM: Analysing Davido’s 10 years of making smashing hits back to back
- Sunday Igboho threatens to disrupt the 2023 general elections in Southwest states
- “Be more bothered about the billion missing” – Nigerians react as Ellen Johnson Sirleaf tweets about Hadiza Bala Usman’s probe