Estimated Reading Time: 1
Former Imo State Governor, Rochas Okorocha, has been arrested by operatives of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC).
EFCC spokesperson, Wilson Uwujaren, confirmed that the former governor is in his agency’s custody.
According to a PREMIUM TIMES report, Okorocha was arrested at about 4 P.M on Tuesday at his Unity House private office in Abuja, sources familiar with the matter told this medium.
NewsWireNGR gathered that the EFCC had invited the former Governor to their Abuja office several times and he had declined to honour the invitation.
He is currently being interrogated at the EFCC headquarters and it is unclear if he would be allowed to go home today.
Details of the allegations have not been confirmed as at the time of filing this report but sources told PREMIUM TIMES that they are related to suspected monumental graft during his eight-year reign as governor.
Recall that two months ago, officers of the Imo State Police Command had arrested and detained the Former Governor for unsealing a hotel owned by his wife shut by the Imo State government.
- Uzodimma vs Okorocha: Eastern Palm University VC sacked
- Troops have rescued 13 citizens kidnapped by terrorists in Kaduna
- PHOTOS: Funeral Service for Chimamanda Adichie’s mother; Mrs Grace Ifeoma Adichie
- Buhari’s Presidency has surrendered “our nation to terrorists” – PDP
- 27 abducted students of the college of forestry, Kaduna have been released
- Federal Government begins process to deploy 5G Technology
- Father Mbaka resurfaces, allays supporters’ fears
- Facebook upholds decision to suspend Donald Trump from platform
- ‘We will all suffer if Nigeria is not better’ – Isa Pantami
- ‘We don’t have Father Mbaka’ – DSS responds