Estimated Reading Time: 1
Officers of the Imo State Police Command have arrested former state governor, Rochas Okorocha.
Also arrested were Ijeoma Igboanusi and Lasbrey Okafor-Anyanwu.
Igboanusi was the deputy chief of staff (Domestics) while Okafor-Anyanwu was the Commissioner for Transportation in Okorocha’s government.
According to the team led by Commissioner for Lands, Enyinnaya Onuegbu, the arrest was in compliance with the directive of the Imo State gazette on the report of the Judicial Commission of Enquiry on the recovery of Lands and other related matters.
However, Okorocha dared Governor Hope Uzodimma’s directive and broke the locks to recover the estate belonging to his wife, Nkechi.
The ex-governor who now represents Imo West at the Senate also stormed the estate with his supporters, policemen, soldiers and personnel of National Security and Civil Defense Corps and ordered the unsealing of the estate.
However, Okorocha and his supporters were confronted by government officials and loyalists of Governor Hope Uzodimma.
The confrontation reportedly left many injured while some cars were damaged.
However, The Commissioner for Information and Strategy, Declan Emelumba confirmed Okorocha’s arrest.
Emelumba added that Okorocha will be arraigned on Monday.
- In Delta, Governor Okowa sacks commissioners, SSG, Chief of Staff, others
- Muhammadu Buhari: As governments struggled to contain COVID, jihadists have taken advantage in the Sahel
- SERAP wants Nasir El-rufai to “immediately end the growing crackdown on workers and protesters in his state”
- Just In: Buhari appoints Abubakar Fikpo as DG NDE
- COVID-19: NAFDAC approves Johnson & Johnson for emergency use
- Ayade finally approves the ‘appointment’ of magistrates unpaid for 2 years
- Kaduna State Government vows to dismiss workers who join NLC protest
- Naomi Campbell welcomes baby daughter at 50
- Nigeria Immigration Service formally suspends issuance of new passports
- Kaduna strike: Wabba dares El-Rufai; leads protest to state house