Estimated Reading Time: 1
RETRACTION: Publication of ‘Sunday Independent Story’ alleging
Nigeria’s Minister of Communications, Sheikh Isa Pantami placed on Terror watch-list for alleged ties with Boko Haram Leader
Several concerns have been raised with respect to the veracity of the story alleging Nigeria’s Minister of Communications, Sheikh Isa Pantami being placed on Terror watch-list for alleged ties with the late Boko Haram Leader Muhammed Yusuf in our publication.
We launched an independent audit to evaluate the story and found that there was no direct attribution by the said United States Government agency and we do apologise to our readers for re-publishing the report and also to the person of Sheikh Isa Pantami, Nigeria’s Minister of Nigeria’s Minister of Communications.
The video embedded in the story where the Minister and the late leader of Boko Haram revealed that, the minister and the late Boko Haram leader were in a heated debate. Sheikh Pantami in the video disagreed with Muhammed Yusuf’s position, insisting that Muslims should enrol in schools and equally participate in democractic governance. However, Yusuf argued to the contrary with little evidence from the Qur’an and Hadith which he relied on.
As an organisation, we always aspire to perform our due diligence in publishing or re-publishing third party articles with credible media organisations and in accordance with the highest ethical and professional guidelines and for this story, we found that story was published by Daily Independent without attribution.
Based on this development, we are retracting the story and deleting the article from our platforms, news websites and the various social media pages.
- Agip shuts down Idu Well 11 in Bayelsa
- ‘We recovered $153 Million, 80 houses from Diezani’ – EFCC reveals
- Arson: NDLEA office in Abia have been burned
- Nollywood actor defends alleged child molester Baba Ijesha; leads protest at Panti
- Kidnappers’ locations are not unknown but we are being careful – Lai Mohammed
- Southern Senators support Governor’s resolve to ban open grazing
- Abiodun Komolafe: Osun figures don’t lie!
- Vice President Osinbajo arrives Uganda for Yoweri Museveni’s 6th inauguration
- SPECIAL REPORT: How special needs students are struggling against the Nigerian educational system
- Squandered N50bn: Transport ministry accuse the NPA of engaging in “wastage of public funds”