Estimated Reading Time: 1
The family of activist and spokesperson to pan-Yoruba group Afenifere, Yinka Odumakin has announced the official funeral arrangements
A short statement by his widow, Dr. Joe Oke-Odumakin on Monday disclosed that the rites would expand three days – starting from Thursday, April 22 through Friday 23 and Saturday 24, 2021.
She said, “Thursday, April 22: Day of Tributes and Service of Songs at the Police College, Ikeja Lagos between 11 am and 4 pm while his body lies in state.
“Friday, April 23: Body departs Lagos for Moro, his country home, in Ife North LGA of Osun State.
“There will be a Christian wake keep by 5 pm at the Origbo Anglican Grammar School, Moro, to be followed by a candlelight procession on Friday.
“Saturday, April 24: Lying in State at Origbo Anglican Grammar School, Moro by 8 am, followed by a Funeral Service by 10 am, after which his remains will be committed to Mother Earth at a private interment.”
Odumakin died on Saturday, April 3 at the Lagos State University Teaching Hospital Covid Isolation Centre.
- NDLEA busts an alleged online drug trafficking cartel that sells to Abuja residents
- Insecurity: We urge Nigerians to boycott Democracy day – Coalition of Civil society in Nigeria tackle Buhari
- UNIBEN warn admission seekers to be wary of the activities of racketeers
- Wike says “no amount of intimidation will make the state succumb to any secessionist”
- We are against payment of ransom to bandits – Arewa Consultative Forum
- INTERVIEW: Alkasim Abdulkadir provides rare insight into the battle against insurgency, nation building and why youths must chase money
- Muhyideen Kolawole: The Healthcare System in Nigeria is Collapsing
- Nasir el-rufai is “one of the real enemies” of Nigeria – Benue Governor Ortom says his Kaduna counterpart is an “ethnic champion and religious bigot”
- #EndSARS: Witness shared videos revealing Army shooting at protesters at the Lekki Toll
- Ohanaeze Chieftain vows to ‘put an executive Zik in Aso Rock in 2023’