Estimated Reading Time: 1
A former minister of Commerce and Industry, Dr Mahmud Tukur, has died.
He died in the early hours of Friday.
NewsWireNGR gathered the news of his death from multiple sources.
He died from an undisclosed ailment after he was rushed to a hospital in Abuja from his base in Kaduna, last night.
Dr Tukur was a close associate of President Muhammadu Buhari and served as his leading ideologue and Minister of Commerce between 1983 and 1984 when he was military Head of State.
When the Abdullahi Bayero University College became Bayero University, Kano (BUK), Dr. Mahmud Tukur, the Principal of the University College became its pioneer Vice-Chancellor (1977-78).
He was also a friend to President Buhari’s nephew Mamman Daura, was younger brother to politician and business mogul, Alhaji Bamanga Tukur.
- ‘Gimba Yau Kumo, wanted by the ICPC, is no longer Buhari’s son in-law’ – Presidency says
- #DavidoAt10: ‘Being true hearted goes a long way – Davido says
- Bayelsa government imposes curfew from 8pm to 6am
- ‘We had sex, Ini Umoren attacked me, I killed her in self defense’ – Uduak Akpan claims
- Gbajabiamila did not oppose Southern Governors’ calls for restructuring – Rep
- President Buhari promises to ‘support and help Chad stabilize’
- ‘Stop fortifying criminals’ – Police warn native doctors in Ebonyi
- Buhari meets Chad’s interim President in Abuja
- JAMB may postpone UTME 2021 exams
- Aisha Yesufu vows to disregard NIN-SIM linking exercise in protest